Dear Latino Bruins,
The UCLA Latino Alumni Association (ULAA) is looking for dynamic leaders that are interested in coming together to organize Latino alumni and other friends of UCLA for the benefit and advancement of the Latino community, UCLA alumni, students, faculty and staff.
We are now accepting nominations for executive board and committee chairs for the 2020-2021 term. Nominate a Bruin here for:
- President (two-year term)
- Vice President
- Chair, Membership Committee
- Chair, Finance Committee
- Chair, University Relations Committee
- Chair, Scholarship Committee
- Chair, Community Relations Committee
Executive Officers (*except President) and Committee Chairs will serve a one-year term that will end on June 30, 2021. Please see the descriptions below.
All nominations must be submitted by 11:59 PM, Friday, April 17, 2020.
The following criteria is necessary to be given consideration for a position:
- Be a UCLA graduate or UCLA Extension Certificate holder
- Must be nominated or self-nominated by a ULAA member who is a graduate of UCLA or UCLA Extension Certificate holder
- All nominations must be submitted COMPLETE on this form.
- Nominees who become accepted as candidates will need to submit a resume and must be available for an interview June 5, 6 or 7, 2020.
Incomplete forms WILL NOT be considered. If incomplete, no follow-up will be done to complete the nomination packet of information.
Board position descriptions as outline by our bylaws:
President, in addition to other responsibilities and duties established by the by laws shall:
- Be the official spokesperson and representative of ULAA.
- Preside at meetings of the Board, general and special membership meetings.
- Call for regular meetings of the Board at least quarterly.
- Call for special meetings of the Board, regular and special membership meetings.
- Be a member of a standing committee.
- Vice President shall exercise the powers of the President in absence or disability of the President; shall be a member of a standing committee; and shall perform such other duties as set forth in the bylaws.
- Secretary shall be the custodian of all records of ULAA; shall be responsible for the minutes of all membership and executive meetings; shall be a member of a standing committee; and shall perform such other duties as may be set forth in the bylaws.
- Treasurer is responsible for maintaining the financial records of ULAA. This includes but is not limited to managing the checking account, maximizing the organization's savings by using money markets or CD's when appropriate, and recording all expenses from all events. The treasurer shall also provide the Board a detailed balance sheet which shall include all anticipated expenses to be incurred within the next 30 days. The treasurer is also responsible for depositing all funds received from membership, reimbursement of expenses, corporate donations, and event proceeds. The treasurer shall work with the various event chairs to monitor and deposit all funds and donations expensed in preparation and execution of the event. These funds shall be deposited within 15 calendar days of receipt.
- Membership Committee. This committee shall be responsible for recruitment of members, outreach, and social events.
- University Relations Committee. This committee shall be responsible for recruitment and success of students, faculty and administrators, and monitoring policies and practices of UCLA.
- Community Relations Committee. This committee shall be responsible for public and media relations, and promotional activities involving ULAA.
- Finance Committee. This committee, which shall include the Treasurer as a member, shall be responsible for development and submission to the Board for approval, fiscal policies and procedures on fund raising strategies.
- Scholarship Committee. This committee shall be responsible for the recruitment, selection, and recommendation of candidates which will be submitted to the Board for approval.
Questions? We are having a virtual presentation about the positions in more detail on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 from 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM (PDT). You can join our meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
Phone Number: +1 (669) 224-3412
Access Code: 955-548-317
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when our meeting:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Diversity Programs & Initiatives at (310) 825-0945.
OrgullOSO de Ser Bruin!
Ad Hoc Committee