Dear Latino Bruins,
The UCLA Latino Alumni Association (ULAA) is looking for dynamic leaders that are interested in coming together to organize Latino alumni and other friends of UCLA for the benefit and advancement of the Latino community, UCLA alumni, students, faculty, and staff.
We are now accepting nominations for executive board and committee chairs for the 2021-2022 term. Nominate a Bruin here for:
- Vice President
- Chair, Membership Committee
- Chair, Finance Committee
- Chair, University Relations Committee
- Chair, Scholarship Committee
- Chair, Community Relations Committee
Executive Officers and Committee Chairs will serve a one-year term that will end on June 30, 2022. Please see the descriptions below.
All nominations must be submitted by 11:59 PM, Friday, April 16, 2021.
The following criteria are necessary to be given consideration for a position:
- Be a UCLA graduate or UCLA Extension Certificate holder
- Must be nominated or self-nominated by a ULAA member who is a graduate of UCLA or UCLA Extension Certificate holder
- All nominations must be submitted COMPLETE on this form.
- Nominees who become accepted as candidates will need to submit a resume and must be available for an interview June 5, 6, 2021.
In addition to the general criteria above, those nominated for the Vice President role must have:
• 1 year of leadership on ULAA within the past 3 years
In addition to the general criteria above, those nominated for Secretary, Treasurer or any Committee Chair role must have:
• Attended 1 ULAA event or information session within the past 3 years
Incomplete forms WILL NOT be considered. If incomplete, no follow-up will be done to complete the nomination packet of information.
Board position descriptions as outline by our bylaws:
- Vice President shall exercise the powers of the President in absence or disability of the President; shall be a member of a standing committee; and shall perform such other duties as set forth in the bylaws.
- Secretary shall be the custodian of all records of ULAA; shall be responsible for the minutes of all membership and executive meetings; shall be a member of a standing committee; and shall perform such other duties as may be set forth in the bylaws.
- Treasurer is responsible for maintaining the financial records of ULAA. This includes but is not limited to managing the checking account, maximizing the organization's savings by using money markets or CD's when appropriate, and recording all expenses from all events. The treasurer shall also provide the Board a detailed balance sheet which shall include all anticipated expenses to be incurred within the next 30 days. The treasurer is also responsible for depositing all funds received from membership, reimbursement of expenses, corporate donations, and event proceeds. The treasurer shall work with the various event chairs to monitor and deposit all funds and donations expensed in preparation and execution of the event. These funds shall be deposited within 15 calendar days of receipt.
- Membership Committee. This committee shall be responsible for recruitment of members, outreach, and social events.
- University Relations Committee. This committee shall be responsible for recruitment and success of students, faculty and administrators, and monitoring policies and practices of UCLA.
- Community Relations Committee. This committee shall be responsible for public and media relations, and promotional activities involving ULAA.
- Finance Committee. This committee, which shall include the Treasurer as a member, shall be responsible for development and submission to the Board for approval, fiscal policies, and procedures on fundraising strategies.
- Scholarship Committee. This committee shall be responsible for the recruitment, selection, and recommendation of candidates which will be submitted to the Board for approval.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.
OrgullOSO de ser Bruin!
Ad Hoc Committee