10 Ways to Get Involved with UCLA Latino Alumni Association.
- Attend an Event. Get the latest information directly from us. In turn, we can match your involvement to your interest level. For information, download / subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
- Use your professional experience by mentoring a Latino Bruin. Applications are due October 5, 2020. Questions? Contact UCLA Latino Alumni Association Scholarship Chair Angela Sanchez: email@example.com
Important Dates to Keep in Mind:
Monday, October 5, 2020 - Applications are due by 11:59pm PST.
Sunday, October 18, 2020 - OrgullOSO mentor/student matches will be announced.
October 21-24, 2020 - Multiple mentor training sessions will be held virtually.
Oct. 26-31, 2020 - We will kick-off meetings for Mentors and Mentees. Details TBD.
- Interview a Latino Bruin. Empower current students to interview with confidence in only a few hours. Practice Interviews take place in November 2020. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- Participate in virtual Meet the Scholars events - Sign up for email updates under your account preferences or follow our social media for updates on planned dates.
- Review UCLA Latino Alumni Association scholarship applications. Please contact email@example.com.
3. Lend your Skillset. Are you an event planner? Join the planning committee for the next Fiesta de Inspiración. Do you have experience with social media strategy or design? Contact Community Relations (NickiULAA@gmail.com) and volunteer your skillset. There are opportunities year-round.
4. Share our Network with your Network. We hear about a lot of people who want to support the Latino community but don't know how to do that. Share our website, forward our newsletter, like our posts on social media. All of these things help expand our network and discover better ways to serve our community.
5. Follow Us on Social Media:
6. Host a Dinner with 12 Latino Bruins. Like UCLA's Dinner with 12 Strangers, except we set you up with current UCLA Latino students.
8. Raise Money for Our Endowment. Do you know a business or organization that would like to support the Latino Community? Let us know by emailing: LATINO@UCLA.ALUMNI.EDU
9. Donate Swag to UCLA Latino Alumni Association. This can be school supplies for first-year students, gift cards, a new printer, laundry detergent, just about anything. Contact us, and we will arrange to meet for pick-up or meet for delivery.
10. Join a Committee. Scholarships, Membership, Community Relations, Finance, and University Relations. Information about committees is found here. Meetings are announced in our newsletter. You can also contact members individually.
Want to virtually volunteer? We can definitely use your skillset! Please join UCLA One, UCLA’s platform to connect with other Bruins. You can join our UCLA Latino Alumni Group here: https://uclaone.com/groups/36/feed
To indicate you’d like to mentor or network, please click on your profile picture -> Edit Profile -> Click boxes that apply under “Offer/Seek Help” section.